Drawing a polygon in any kind using a compass is quite laborious and time consuming specially to the heptagon in which trial and error method will be employed. It’s good that computer drafting has been introduced. I learned AutoCAD in college days. The basics were introduced to us and have tried it by taking turns on the only PC we had in the drafting shop. After college, I was not able to continue using it. Years passed by, until such time when I need to get back the old school which is now “IN” in the field of technology. AutoCAD subjects were one of my favorites in the in the course: M.T.E. (Master in Technician Education) major in drafting.
Constructing polygons with ACAD is fun. Try these steps and you’ll be amazed!
The default unit is inches. You can change it to centimeters if you wish. By doing it, you need to format units first before starting any drawing.
- Simply point mouse pointer at polygon icon usually found at the sidebar of the AutoCAD environment. Click it at once.
- You will be asked to enter the number of sides you want to draw. If you want to have the 5-sided polygon, type 5 and press enter.
- You will be asked to specify the location of the polygon you want to draw. You can point and click on the center of the space provided to make it quick.
- Then select “inscribe circle.”
- You will then be asked again to provide the radius of the circle. Just type your desired radius and press enter
After following these steps you will be able to have the polygon you need.